Kansas City Renaissance Festival
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival, a Kansas City fall tradition for over three decades, celebrates 40 years of huzzah and cheers! Just north of I-70 and K-7 highways.
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival is like walking through the gates of time to another age where guests from around the metro, the Midwest, the country and sometimes the world get a taste of 16th century life. Almost 200,000 fans come to be a part of history whether learning how a blacksmith creates tools from iron, chatting about art and philosophy with Leonardo Da Vinci, practicing with the Queen’s lacers and seamstresses, shooting arrows with the infamous Black Archers, training with the Royal Guard or fighting barbarians in the Wildewood. Crowds are awed by performers on twenty stages of non-stop entertainment, including jousting by the knights of Joust Revolution four times a day. Entertainment runs continually through the shire with a wide variety of music, comedy, magic and choreographed combat.
Tickets can be purchased at the Festival gates just north of I-70 and K-7 highways in Bonner Springs, Kansas on show days at $25.00 for adults, $30.00 at the door, $10.95 for kids. Weekend specials listed at www.kcrenfest.com or call 913-721-2110 for group ticket prices and information on parties and weddings at the Festival. Discount tickets can be purchased at Kansas City Hy-Vees, Walgreens, regional Dillons, Bakers and Gerbes and online at www.kcrenfest.com.
• NEW Magical Mermaids! – Discover our treasured mystical sea beauties! Hear the tale of their rescue as these rare creatures splash and swim for the pleasure of our patrons!
• NEW Barbarian Battle! – Test your bravery as you fight tooth and nail against other patrons and players! This FREE daily event based on the historic victory of 300 valiant warriors is sure to be a battle of epic proportions. The last warrior standing wins the title of Bravest Barbarian and a grand prize. As will best costume!
• NEW Secret Garden! – Come explore our NEW enchanted garden! Get lost in your imagination as you stroll along the winding path and enjoy the beautiful blooms of our fantastic flowers!
• NEW Royal Pub Crawl! – Follow Canterbury’s salty wenches as they guide you through three of our village’s most notorious pubs for 90 minutes of raucous revelry. The NEW Royal Pub Crawl offers you three wenches, three pubs and three beers along with a FREE Renaissance Festival mug, and wicked games and antics!
• NEW Princess Court! – The realm will be graced with the presence of Princesses this year! Be on the lookout for our noble ladies of the court as they stroll through the lanes of our village bestowing regal honors upon the young at heart.
• NEW Human Combat Chess! – Witness the gallant return of our valiant Combat Chess players. Cheer on as the White Knight battles the King’s Pawn for the enjoyment of the King and Queen!
• NEW Fairy Forest! – Make your way through the trees and try to spot the whimsical fairies and their fanciful houses that have inhabited the Secret Garden!
• NEW Feaste of Fooles! – Whose side will YOU choose in this fantastical Feaste of Fooles? Will you cheer for the Hero? Or let your sinister side shine through and applaud the Villain? Either way, you’re sure to be enthralled by the nonstop action and carousing of your NEW hosts and their Merry Mirth-makers! Not to mention indulge your taste buds with our scrumptious, five-course Feaste, hand-crafted by the Royal chef!